Wild Rice and Roasted Grape salad with Pistachios, Arugula and Balsamic
Presented By: Executive Chef John Van House
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Wild Rice 1 cup
- Water 1 quart
- Grapes 1 #
- Grapeseed oil 2Tbsp + ¼ cup
- Balsamic Glaze ¼ cup
- Pistachios toasted and shelled ½ cup
- Arugula 8 oz
- Goat Cheese (Optional) 4 oz
- In a large saucepan cook the wild rice and chicken stock (covered) over medium heat until rice begins to bloom. This could take up to an hour.
- Cool rice and set aside for later.
- In a preheated 350-degree F oven, roast the grapes after coating with 2 Tbsp of grapeseed oil on a baking sheet until the skins begin to blister (about 10-15 minutes)
- Remove grapes from oven and cool.
- Begin to build the salad by mixing the wild rice and grapes with the oil and any juices from the roasting of the grapes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the arugula onto a service plate.
- Top the arugula with the wild rice mixture.
- Drizzle the salad with balsamic glaze.
- Top with goat cheese crumbled liberally across the top.
- Sprinkle the salad with the toasted pistachios.